September 2020

Jacob Bresowsky                                                                                                            Diary Entry #1 

 The start of quarantine was not too bad for me it was the end of high school, so I did not have that much work to do and I started to work out again and I was feeling good. This was going on for a few months and then the summer started and I able to hang out with some of my friends again since quarantine was lifted. Then in August, I started to get breathing problems. I used to have them at the beginning of the year, but they sort of went away but in August it got worse. It would usually come out of nowhere, sometimes I would be sitting on the couch and my chest would get tight and I had to start breathing from my mouth with deep breaths. This concerned me and I told my parents about it, so we made an appointment with the cardiologist and the pulmonologist. At the cardiologist everything was fine, at the pulmonologist, I took a breathing test and the doctor said that my lungs looked enflamed and said that he would say that I am fine if I was not having trouble breathing. Since I was having trouble breathing the doctor gave me Arnuity which is supposed to help my breathing and gave me an asthma pump just in case. Since then I have gone to the doctor one more time for a follow-up and I am going again in October. The doctor thinks it could be a mix of allergies and anxiety which would make sense because I am allergic to dust and pollen. I have had anxiety for a few years, and I guess the pandemic made it worse without me realizing and it has not been great. The medicine has helped though so hopefully I will find out what is wrong with me soon. 

Jacob Bresowsky                                                                                                                   Diary Entry #2 

 Before the pandemic I was constantly active in high school I played football for four years and lacrosse for three, so I was in pretty good shape since I was doing some type of physical activity every day for four years. Once the pandemic started, I still worked out every night and went on bike rides two to three times a week. However, once my breathing problems began, I was afraid to work out because I did not know what was wrong with me. So, I did not work out every night for a long time. Then once college started, I really did not work out anymore because I had no time to ride my bike during the day and I was too tired to work out at night. Even though I stopped working out I ate like I usually did when I would work out all the time. It never occurred to me that I did not gain weight from eating so much because I was active and when I realized that it was too late. I went from 185 pounds to 200 and now I am about 198. When I realized that I had gained this much weight I stopped eating after dinner so I would not gain any more weight. I try to work out again every once and a while, but I do not work out as much as I should because I lack the motivation because I am too tired. If I were at Oneonta in normal times, I would try to go to the gym every day with my friend. When we can go to school, I hope the gym will be open so I can work out for the first time in a while. Until then who knows when I will work out again because I sure don’t.  

Jacob Bresowsky                                                                                                                  Diary Entry #3 

   I do not really have that many great stories to tell about this whole situation but this one does end well. This happened in August during the pandemic when I noticed something odd in my cat Ferb’s mouth, it was all black and he had a fat lip. When cats’ mouths change color, it can just mean that they are getting old, and when that happens their mouth color can change into the same pigment as their skin. I looked that up when I saw it, so I was not really worried about that, I was more worried about the fact that he had a swollen lip and that it started to bleed after a day. So, I told my parents, and we took him to the vet, the vet checked him out and said that it could be cancer, so he had to do a biopsy. As soon as I got into the car after hearing this news I started to cry because I feared the worst as I usually do. I had not cried in a long time prior to this so it was not fun. After he got the biopsy the worst part was the waiting. Every part of me believed that the results were not going to be what I hoped they would. It was truly agonizing waiting for these results because this cat is my personal buddy because he always stays in my room and never really leaves. I had to do things to distract myself like read, hang out with my friends, and listen to music. Then the day came when we got the call that he was okay!!!! When I heard my mom say this, I was so relieved and happy that Ferb was all right and that what was thought to be cancer was scar tissue.